- WESTERN SYDNEY LOCATION
- LEAD & DRIVE YOUR TEAM
- CAREER GROWTH OPPORTUNITY
Located in Sydney’s West is an excellent opportunity for an experience Merchandising Manager to join a business currently experiencing some pretty exciting growth thanks to recent acquisitions.
Reporting to the Head of Merchandising & Marketing, some of your key accountabilities will include:
- Establishing, maintaining and managing key preferred supplier relationships including all aspects of supplier performance and commercial trading terms
- Generation and management of all below the line revenue streams relative to product specific, self-funded, supplier provided, price increase offsets and price negotiations
- Generating, tracking and reporting on performance to budget, noting rationale and improvement initiatives
- Negotiation with suppliers including management of a structured preferred supplier review program
- Manage structured catalogue for core Industrial and nominated lines of business units
- Work with Quality and Compliance teams to ensure supplier performance and any resultant issues relating to quality are resolved with minimal cost to the business
- Coach, train and mentor team to achieving high standards of service, ensuring integrity and ethical practices are paramount in dealings with suppliers at all times
- Maintain a good understanding of market trends, market influencers and key drivers affecting categories under management
To secure this opportunity the ideal candidate will have:
- Relevant experience within a similar position within a multi-divisional, National or International organisation – you have held senior positions in either Merchandising and/or Procurement and enjoy the responsibility that comes along with a role like this, and the large spend levels associated
- Exceptional business acumen – you know nothing other than to think commercially at all times. You’re constantly aware of risk factors and other marker influencers that may impact the business
- Strong communication & negotiating skills – you achieve your desired outcome, yet you do it in a manner that allows you to maintain high levels of integrity
- The kind of personality that is a natural influencer – you love leading a team
This is an excellent opportunity which is ideally suited to candidates looking to take on a position that offers huge potential for career growth by way of additional portfolios down the track.
You might be in a similar position where you’re a little bit stale and now is the time to look at a new challenge offering more scope to develop your career.
In any case we’d love to hear from you.