- EXCITING ENVIRONMENT EXPERIENCING RAPID GROWTH
- NOT FOR PROFIT
- NEAR ST MARYS LOCATION
Located in Sydney’s West near St Marys is an excellent opportunity for an experienced Accountant.
Reporting to the Finance Manager some of your key accountabilities will include:
- Timely and accurate preparation of financial, statistical & accounting reports within specified end of month time- frames including cost centre, board reports, grant acquittals, periodical and yearly financial statements as well as tax, FBT and GST returns
- Financial analysis – budgets, month end results and rolling forecasts
- Analysis of expenditures, supplier arrangements, contracted expenditure, fee revenue, business proposals & projects
- Assisting in the preparation of the annual operating and capital budgets as well as preparation and evaluation of capex proposals
- Weekly cash flow forecasting
- Liaising with external auditors
- Ensuring compliance across all accounting principles and practices
- Liaising with various internal and external stakeholders
To secure this opportunity the ideal candidate will have:
- Relevant qualifications or qualifications by experience – you’re confident with all aspects of financial and management accounting
- A solid understanding of what constitutes good internal controls in a finance function
- Experience with data consolidation from multiple sources
- The kind of personality that genuinely enjoys working in an environment of high pace and change. You’re a thinker, you’re resilient and love being in an environment that offers potential for learning
- Superior levels of attention to detail with the ability to prioritise in order to meet deadlines
- The desire to work as part of a team yet you’re really comfortable working independently
- Exceptional communication skills – you will be liaising with a diverse range of internal and external stakeholders so it’s essential you can communicate effectively with all walks of life
- Previous within the Not for Profit sector would be fantastic – although not essential
This is an excellent opportunity to secure a role close to home within a high volume environment working with a great Finance team.
You may have recently finished up a perm or contract role and you’re available immediately or perhaps you’re in a permanent position at the moment, you’re looking for a new challenging and reading this you’re thinking “this is exactly what I’m after”.
In any case we would love to hear from you.
Please note the successful candidate will be required to undergo a thorough criminal background check.